Local Civil War history will be brought to life on the weekend of April 26-27, 2014 at Perkins Park in historic Plattsburg Missouri. Come and watch as authentically dressed Re-enactors and Living Historians take up arms and attempt to re-create the 1864 battle of Plattsburg. This event is free to the public and is being held to commemorate the 150th Anniversary of the Battle of Plattsburg Missouri. This event is being sponsored by the 1864 Battle of Plattsburg Committee.
Saturday - April 26th, 2014
- Re-enactment of original 1864 Battle
- Living History & authentic Civil War era camps
- 19th Century era military drills & maneuvers
- Confederate flag presentation Ceremony
- Memorial Ceremony for Captain Turney at local Cemetery.
- Civil War era Sutlers Row & food vendors
- 19th Century era dance (indoor Location)
Sunday - April 27th, 2014
Sunday Activities of this event have been Cancelled due to weather forecast of severe storms.
Free to the Public - Make plans to attend
& watch as local Civil War history is brought to
This event is being done for the preservation of history, the honoring of those who fought, and to share local history with all those who are interested. To give a glimpse of an often overlooked & forgotten battle.
This page authorized by the battle of Plattsburg Commitee & donated by CROFUTT Web designs.
1864 Battle of Plattsburg MO.
Re-enactment & Living History
Weekend of April 26-27, 2014